Body Language

Image by Maria from Pixabay

Philosopher, poet and theologian, Soren Kierkegaard, wrote: “Our life always expresses the result of our dominant thoughts.” It is important for us to notice our dominant thoughts; to notice those thoughts we are focused on most of the time, and how those thoughts are causing us to feel, because life is to us what we focus on. Our life becomes for us whatever our dominant thoughts tell us life is. Our experiences of life are what we expect them to be, even when we’re unaware of what we expect! In fact, life can be no more to us than what we believe it to be. That is why Jesus said that it is done unto us as we believe. Life can have no meaning to us except the meaning we give it.

Nothing in this world has any meaning at all but the meaning we give it. Nothing appears to us in this three-dimensional environment without having a non-physical, vibrational counterpart, i.e., our mind. Buddha said, “All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think, we become.” The greater part of us is the Eternal part of us, the nonphysical, creative part of us. We are spiritual-vibrational beings appearing physically alive in a Spiritual-Vibrational Universe that is appearing to us in physical forms and expressions. It is our mental interpretations of the Energies in which we live that create our physical experiences of Life.

In The Way of the Heart we read, “You are a literal creator in every moment. For when you name anything, you define it according to the factors that you have built into the name you use. When you look upon a field of energy arising from the mystery of Earth and you say the word “tree,” instantly you have brought forth into your manifest experience everything you have ever decided is associated with the field of energy that you have called tree.” The same is true about all we name, even when we call that field of energy “me.”

In every moment that we say, “I am me,” we instantly bring forth into our manifest experience everything we’ve ever decided is associated with the one we call “our self.” Every “me” concept we hold is right there, and because it’s all there, unless we consciously choose how we want to express our self, our dominant thought about our self in that moment, and how that dominant thought causes us to feel about our self, will automatically be how we express our self. Our self-expression will be either mindfully chosen or a knee-jerk reaction.

In same way, when we call anyone else by name, in our mind or out loud, we are basically saying to that field of energy arising from the mystery of Earth “You are this to me.” And, instantly bring forth into our manifest experience everything we have ever decided is associated with that one we’ve just given a name to: Mom, dad, brother, sister, lover, friend, coworker, doctor, lawyer, teach, politician, and anything else we name. Unless we consciously choose how we want see that person, whatever our dominant thought is in that moment, and how we are feeling because of it, will automatically be our manifest experience of that person. Because we literally create our experiences of someone as we say “you are this to me,” we believe that we really know that person. We expect them to act, or react, in a certain. We might think, “That’s so them!” But what we’ve experienced of them is what our dominant thought and feeling caused us to experience of them.

Have you ever had a bad experience with someone you’re used to having mostly good experiences with, and wondered how that happened? Or, have you ever had a good experience with someone you’re used to having mostly bad experiences with, and wondered where that came from? Ramana Maharshi said, “Nothing happens by accident in the divine scheme of things.” Because everyone is capable of feeling a full range of emotions, high vibrations and low vibrations, if we’re feeling good because we’re choosing to feel good no matter what, someone else might unexpectedly rise to meet our high vibration. And, if we’re feeling grumpy because we’re not choosing not to feel that way, someone may unexpectedly get down with us in that lower vibration. We literally create our own experiences with each other with every encounter and relationship.

The same is true of every condition, situation and event of our life. By naming it “good” or “bad,” we bring forth into our manifest experience everything we’ve ever decided is associated with that particular condition, situation or event. Our dominant thoughts cause us to see whatever we’re looking at in the way we’re seeing it, that is, good or bad. But if don’t like the way we’re feeling about the meaning we’re giving to whatever it is, we are free to see things differently if we want to. How? We read in A Course in Miracles, “My loving thoughts will save me from this perception of the world and give me the peace God intended me to have.” We are spiritual-vibrational beings of Love, so free that we are free to think otherwise and then remember again!

Our mind is the instrument through which we interpret the world, and our body is the instrument through which we communicate with the world. The way we present our self physically to others in any moment reflects the interpretation and meaning we are giving to that moment. Most of time we unconsciously use body language, so that our non-verbal communication often inadvertently expresses our true thoughts and feelings in the moment. For example, generally when we’re feeling happy, we are thinking non-resistant thoughts, and we go with the flow. Our face is relaxed and it easily breaks into a genuine smile. We may tilt our head because we’re interested or curious about a person or about what’s going on. On the other hand, if we’re in a bad mood, we are generally resistant to everyone and everything around us. Our face is usually tense, with a sour look that a smile couldn’t break through if it tried! We might cross our arms as an indication we’re resistant to whatever is being said or whatever is happening. We all recognize the body language of others, but we seldom notice what we’re doing or what we are saying non-verbally. That’s okay, but it’s important for us to know that our body is saying a whole lot when we’re not speaking a word.

But, there is another type of body language we’re often not aware of that can affect the health and well-being of our physical body. Abraham-Hicks tells us, “There is nothing in the Universe that responds faster to your thoughts than your own physical body.” Our mind controls the health and well-being of our body. In Chinese medicine specific organs and systems of the body are said to be affected by how we’re feeling about life. It divides the human organic system into five organs: liver, heart, pancreas (including spleen), lungs, and kidneys. Seven primary emotions are said to affect the health of these five organs: fear, anger, joy, anxiety, and sorrow. Words, spoken or unspoken, emit vibrations that vibrate within our body, as well as within the Universal Energy Field of pure potential in which we live, and that vibration is “being” our life.

The more we repeat negative thoughts and words, the more we begin to experience the effects of their vibrations as a condition in our body. It’s important for us to think and speak as if everything we think and speak counts and will bring results. Abraham-Hicks tells us, “The universe is not punishing you or blessing you. The universe is simply responding to the vibrational attitude that you are emitting.” We’ve all likely repeated phrases without thinking about the meaning, a “saying” we don’t mean literally, so what’s the harm? We may say things like “My head (back, neck) is killing me.” When we use such an intense phrase to describe pain and discomfort, it doesn’t mean we’ll die tomorrow, but the continued vibrations cause us to continue to focus on the pain and that can take toll on our body. We might say something like, “that just makes me sick to my stomach” so often about this or that, we experience digestive problems, or we may get “pissed off” often enough to experience bladder problems! If we’re itching to do something, but we’re not doing it, we need to start doing whatever it is so that we don’t experience a chronic rash.

Physical challenges don’t just happen for physical reasons, even for hereditary reasons. It’s been proven scientifically that no matter what we may have lurking in the double helix of our DNA strands, it is our positive or negative attitudes about life that encourage or suppress certain tendencies. If our heart isn’t in what we’re doing in life, we need to find a way to enjoy what we’re doing, or do something else, so we can encourage a happy heart. A happy heart is a healthy heart that beats with health in our body. Healing begins within the vibrational-spiritual counter part of our Self. Even in the midst of pain, even in the midst of sorrow, even in the midst of anger, if we find a way to focus on the healing we want, and we feel the Truth of Its presence within us down to our bones, the healing is already done within and must manifest physically.

We read in The Way of the Heart, “Therefore let your primary perception, your primary guiding light in your third-dimensional experience be this: What do I choose to communicate to the world with every gesture, with every breath, with every word spoken, and with every decision made?” We can consciously choose to communicate Love with every gesture, every breath, every word spoken, and every decision made. And, if we do, we’ll be able to look upon every field of energy arising from the mystery of this Earth, including our self, and call It by Its given name: “The Beloved of God.”

Extending, Not Sending

Image by Valentin from Pixabay

There is a Spiritual Truth that Spiritual Awareness allows us to hold as Self-Evident: Even in this Earth environment where every being is not treated as if they are created equal, and that even in these human forms that often appear so frail and limited, every one of us is endowed by our Creator with certain unalienable Rights, among them are “Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness.”

In The Way of Transformation we read, “In every moment of your experience, what you experience is coming from within you. It is not placed in you from a source outside of yourself. In every moment you remain free to observe and to notice whether you are having a good time being where you are, that is, being in your perception of life and recognizing you have the power to think differently.” Living with the awareness there is no source outside of us that can give happiness to us, and therefore can’t take it away from us, makes us powerfully free. It liberates us to pursue the happiness put within us by the Source of our Life that remains inside of us still. We are absolutely free to observe Life, and change our perception if we’re not having a good time perceiving It in the way we’re perceiving it. Our being aware that whatever we experience in our life, and however we experience it, is up to us is the definition of Liberty. It causes us to realize that just by being our happy self we can attract more and more life to enjoy.

Abraham-Hicks tells us that the basis of our life is absolute Freedom, the purpose of our life is Joy, and the result of our life is Expansion. If the purpose of our life is Joy, and we are free to pursue It because Life is supposed to be happy, then the result of our life must be Expansion because Expansion is the Nature of Life. Life is continually becoming more and more of Itself, evolving and expanding and extending with us in It as It. We are the Life that is becoming more and more! The more Joy we feel, the more Joy we experience, and the more Joy expands within us and extends from us.

To expand is to spread, stretch out, or unfold like a bird expands its wings. To expand is to express in fuller form and greater detail. The greater our awareness becomes of who we truly are, which is to say, the more aware we are that we are a spiritual being living a human experience, the more enlightened we become. The Light of Spiritual Awareness expands in us, and extends from us like the rays of the sun extend. The sun doesn’t struggle to extend itself outward. Extension comes naturally. It doesn’t have think about reaching a place outside itself that is too shady or dark so it can lighten things up! It simply and naturally extends by being what it is, a mighty conveyor of Light, and darkness disappears in its rays.

The spiritual Master, Mooji, wrote: “If you go into a room full of light, but outside is darkness, and you open the curtain, that darkness won’t come in. But if you go into a room that is dark and you open up a little tiny bit of a curtain, it will fill the whole room with light Such is the power of the light.” Our true nature is like the sun. When we are being what we truly are, which is Holy Conveyors of Light, the high vibrations we emit extend from us naturally. We don’t need to struggle to extend our rays of Light outward, or intentionally send our vibration so it will reach some place outside of us that might be dark, sick or sad. Just by having a good time being where we are, that is, being in our perception of life, we automatically emit a happy, holy vibration wherever we are and it touches whatever is there.

We extend more Light into the world as we expand our vibrational awareness of the Light within us. It is said that what Jesus (Jeshua) demonstrated was the natural extension of his truly profound and expanded state of Being; that he embodied ranges of frequencies and vibrations far beyond what was common in human perception at that time. High, holy frequencies and vibrations naturally extended from him and made him into a “wizard-like personality” capable of performing acts that were described as miracles. In the Book of John we read that Jesus said: “I am the light of the world; he who follows me shall not walk in darkness, but he shall find for himself the light of life.” All that is required of us to Light up the world is to open a little tiny bit of curtain in our awareness and let the Light of Christ extend unresisted from our mind and heart.

The words, “extending” and “sending,” are both good words, but either word can cause confusion if it encourages the idea that we have to think about sending or extending the Light within us outward in order to reach some place outside of us that is dark, sick or sad. So often we have a heart-felt intention as we say phrases such as “I’m sending you love, I’m sending you prayers, I’m sending you good vibes.” It’s a beautiful thing for us to want to send love, prayers and good vibes to one another. The world would be instantly transformed if everyone felt that way at same time. But the idea of sending good vibes to someone, whether through feelings of love or words of prayer, can inadvertently give us a sense of separation from others. It can cause us to feel that when we send something from us it must leave us to get where its needed, that it leaves our mind and then touches down in someone else’s mind.

We read in The Science of Mind, “There is no such thing as your mind, my mind, his mind, her mind, and God’s Mind. There is just Mind in which we all live, move, and have our being. There is Mind and nothing but Mind.” When we have a thought, any thought about anything, we know we don’t have to send that thought around our head! We’re pretty sure that thought is known everywhere in our mind. In the same way, when we’re thinking about someone and we want to send them love, prayers or good vibes, even though it seems like we’re in one place and they are in another, we and they are in same Mind because there is just One Mind in which we all live and move, and into which we think. Every time we think a thought, that thought goes out into the whole Universe because there is no boundary around our head to stop it. Even though we have a physical form, it’s not solid. It’s made of energy. Every time we think, which for most of us is incessantly, we automatically, and often unintentionally, emit the vibrations of our thoughts.

We read in The Science of Mind, “Man always uses the One Mind. He is in It and thinks into It, and because It is Universal his thought may be picked up by any one who is able to tune in on that thought just as we pick up radio messages. A radio message broadcast from New York City is immediately present all around the world. Hard as this concept may be to grasp, we know it to be the truth.” Because we are all transmitters as well as receivers in the One Mind, every time we think something good or something not-so-good about anyone or anything, that good thought and the feeling it brings, or that not-so-good thought and the feeling it brings, touches everyone who is in resonance with its vibration. We say every thought is a prayer, but not every thought is sending love or good vibes.

The spiritual teacher, Alan Watts, wrote: “Behind the multiplicity of events and creatures in this universe there is simply One Energy, and it appears as you, and everything is it. The practice of Zen is to understand that One Energy so as to ‘feel it in your bones.’” That is also the practice of The Science of Mind, A Course in Miracles, The Way of Mastery, and any other spiritual practice, to understand the One Pure Positive Energy of Life so as feel it in our bones. When we feel the Pure Positive Energy that is the Source of our life, we are feeling the Love that is God. When we are feeling It “in our bones,” the One Energy, the Light of Love, automatically expands in us and extends from us. It touches everything around us because everything that seems to be around us is actually within us. Our perception of Life is all in our mind, and though it doesn’t seem to be, “our” mind is the use we are making of Universal Mind, the One Mind in which all Life exists. In that Mind we are transmitters and receivers, and because we are both, when we are being the Joy, Love and Good Vibes we want to send and receive, Joy, Love and Good Vibes expand in us, and automatically extend from us. We naturally attract to us fuller experiences of Life with more and more detail. We have a good time being in our perception of Life!

Shams Tabriz, who channels the Divine Feminine Energy known as Mary Magdalene, said this: “Do you know that contained within you is joy that is more magnificent than any joy that you may seek outside of you? Do you know that contained within you is love that is so abundant that any child or any partner in your life could not even come close to matching it? This is what you are here to come to experience. Your own blessed magnificence. The nectar of light made manifest within you.”

There’s No Arrival Gate

Image by IvaCastro from Pixabay

We are Eternal Beings, but our physical body has an expiration date. That is why it’s important for us to get busy living as fully and freely as we can while we’re in these bodies, and enjoy what we do with them while we’re in them. Abraham-Hicks tells us, “This is your moment. This is what not only you came for but what all of humanity has been posed for. This is what it’s all about: to be in this time/space reality while feeling your own invincibility, your own potential, your own right-place right-time, your own ‘this is the reason that I’m alive,’ your own ‘I’m loving this furthest, most expanded part of my being-ness.’” How often throughout our day do we feel invincible? How often do we feel filled with great potential in life? How often do we feel fulfilled in our moments, loving just being our self because we are aware that it is the furthest, most expanded part of our being-ness so far?

Or do we let “I don’t have time today” stop us from doing what we want to do, or from enjoying whatever we’re doing because we feel guilty that we’re taking time to do it? Do we let “I’ll get to it later when I’m done doing the things I have to do to get through my days” keep us focused on the least expanded, most limited part of being-ness? Eckhart Tolle wrote, “It is not uncommon for people to spend their whole life waiting to start living.” We could say we’ve been waiting for this moment our whole life! Now is the perfect time because now is the only time we have to live. We can’t relive the past no matter how often we think about it, and we can’t live the future until it arrives no matter how much we plan for it.

For many of us the portion that remains of our “whole life” has gotten proportionately smaller over time. We may not know how much Earth time we have left, but we do know it’s far less than we had when we started! It’s been said that it’s never too late to be great. And Georg Eliot wrote, “It is never too let to be what we might have been.” We don’t have time to wait for permission, and we don’t have time to waste being unhappy, doing those things that we don’t want to do, if we want to taste the deliciousness of this Earth life that abounds in every moment just for us. It abounds within every encounter we have with nature and people, and within every situation. All that’s required of us is to be open to It wherever we are. Our being ready and willing to extract the juicy goodness that is here for us each moment fills us with the holy vibrational elixir that brings about well being, peace and happiness that doesn’t depend on what’s happening around us

However, rather than trying to inspire our self to live fully by focusing on the diminishing time we have left in our Earth life, it might be helpful for us to focus on the timelessness that is the backdrop, so to speak, for this Earth experience we’re having in time-space. It might be helpful to explore the idea of the endless expansion and extension that belongs to our Eternal Existence. In this way we can become more aware of the Infinite depth and breadth of the Spiritual Reality in which our souls live even now. The contrast between the Eternalness of our True Being and this temporary, impermanent environment we’re experiencing can make our Earth Life moments all more precious and meaningful..

Someone wrote, “Every minute the heart generates enough energy to drive a truck 20 miles. In a lifetime, that energy is equivalent to driving to the moon and back. So, when you tell someone you love them ‘to the moon and back’ you’re essentially saying you will love them with all the blood your heart pumps your whole life.” Most of us have felt, at least once, a Love within us that so energized our heart that we wanted It to last forever. We may have pledged that Love to another, privately or in wedding vows. But so often in this world Love doesn’t seem to make it to the moon and back. It doesn’t seem to last. It seems to reach an end. We sometimes even say It “dies.” Does that mean that the Love we wanted to last forever wasn’t real Love and so It didn’t last? Or could it mean that the Love we feel in any moment is the Eternal Love that is forever present, the Love that exists beyond time and can’t be measured by time? That Love is in Its Fullness and Allness in every moment. When we feel Love, Joy and Peace that we want to last forever, we’re feeling the Love, Joy and Peace that exists forever.

It’s only as we try to sustain that feeling by spreading it out over time that it seems to diminish. We may ask our self, “How long can I feel this good?” Or we may tell our self that “It’s too good to last” and then go about our life waiting for it to end. And, it seems to end because so often we put conditions on our feelings of Love, Joy and Peace by making what we feel dependent on events, situations and people remaining just so. And, since everything in this world changes, the forever Love, Joy and Peace we feel in any moment that, in Truth is Changeless and Eternal, seems to change with the times.

We can’t get our head around what “forever” is because It can’t be interpreted with the mind. We can think of forever as a long, long time or as a whole lotta days and nights, but that’s just a measurement of time. Forever can’t be measured in time just as the Present Moment can’t be measured in time. Just as we’re about to measure It, the moment has past and a new one seems to take Its place. The Now moment that we so often talk about isn’t a time between the past and future. Now is beyond time. It is That which is Present in all of Its innocence, newness and potential and we are free to experience It every moment.

The mystical poet, Rumi, wrote: “Love rests without any foundation. It is an endless ocean with no beginning and no end.” We are immersed in that endless ocean of Love here and now. We are a drop in the endless ocean and the endless ocean in a drop. Love doesn’t change. It remains what It is even as It endlessly expands with us immersed in It. Love is without beginning and without end, and so are we. Love was in the beginning and before the beginning, and so were we. Love caused the beginning and was flowing in the beginning and continues to flow without end above, beneath and within all life, including us no matter how many endings we may experience in this world.

Though a feeling of being in the right place, at the right time, feels so good, and as vibrational beings we are often inspired to be, or attracted to be, somewhere at a particular time, as spiritual beings living, moving and existing in the timelessness beyond time, there is nothing we’re scheduled to do at a certain time, (but, we are created to have a good time whatever we’re doing). And, though we may feel elated when we overcome obstacles and reach goals, there is no particular goal we must reach, or destination we’re supposed to arrive at, where we can truly say we’re done with Life, that we did it! Because even when we’re done with this Earth Life, Life isn’t done with us. If we want to live happily-ever-after, we can only live It moment to moment. There is no other time or place for happiness to show up. Happiness is Now-Now-Now.

Abraham-Hicks said that we can’t get it wrong and we can’t get it done because Life is continually becoming more and more, evolving and expanding and extending with us in It as It. Abraham-Hicks tells us, “You are eternal consciousness. We cannot find a bigger word than that. You are forever. You never cease to be. You are a consciousness that expands, and it is this expansion that gives you the most delight.” So an important thing for us to notice might be whether or not the idea that there is no final destination for us as Eternal Beings delights us, or exhausts us because we’ve been so looking forward to Eternal Rest.

The good news is we can experience Eternal Rest every moment, here and now, no matter what we’re doing. It is a rest that is beyond time, and yet It is present for us to experience right where we are. We read in the Book of Matthew, “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.” Such an awareness can bring rest to our body no matter how hard we’ve been working it, and peace to our mind no matter how hard we’ve been thinking about something. The idea that there’s no arrival gate can free us live each moment spontaneously, and to feel unhurried and unworried about Life and  just go with the holy Flow.

Papaji wrote, “You are the Eternal Being, Unlimited and Indivisible. Just be quiet. Everything is okay. Be quiet here and now. Happiness is you. You are Peace. You are Liberty.” It’s been said that the pathway of Life is an endless journey of Eternal Satisfaction and Perfect Joy. Eternal Satisfaction and Perfect Joy unfold for us in every moment that we’re not looking for them in some other place and time. There may be no arrival gate for our Eternal Self, but there can be Joy Joy Joy in our Eternal Journey. The ancient Chinese mystic, Lao Tzu, wrote: “A good traveler has no fixed plans, nor does he intend to arrive.”

A Chance to Dance

Image by Pete Linforth from Pixabay

If you have been following all of the extraordinary images and information that the James Webb Space Telescope has been sending back to Earth from the deepest corners of Universe (so far), then you know that it is providing new insights into how those ancient galactic interactions may have brought about galaxy evolution in the early Universe. All Life is One Life, but it is the interactions that occur within It that cause evolution, expansion and growth. As the song goes, “It takes two baby,” it takes the Christ in me and the Christ in you. Just like the galaxies, our early worldly interactions with others, and our current interactions with each other today, offer us opportunities for spiritual evolution, expansion and growth.

Along with all the other amazing images the Webb telescope is providing, there are images seen more clearly than ever before of the five “dancing” galaxies, known as Stephan’s Quintet, that can be seen doing their cosmic dance together, 290 million light years away! We could say those Cosmic images are proof that no matter where, even within a constellation far far away like Pegasus, where Stephan’s Quintet resides, that when given a chance to dance all Life moves naturally to the Rhythms of the Universe without concern about who has a telescope and who’s watching! Everything within this 3-dimensional visible Universe—galaxies, stars, planets, trees, animals, humans, and even insects—are created to dance freely

We could say that in our non-physical spiritual-vibrational essence we dance together in the higher energies of formless bliss like cosmic whirling dervishes emitting invisible vibrations that swirl together in the One Universal Creation we share in the non-physical. To the human eye it is where we invisibly dance together to the Sacred Tempos of the One Song, the Uni-verse, that has no beginning and no ending, and no appearance of separation. But, at some point, it seems we said to each other, “Slow down, you’re moving too fast,” and we joined this time-space environment where there’s a dance of particles, elements and atoms set in motion at a slower rate in order to cause the invisible to become visible, and in the process causes you and me to see each other separately.

Albert Einstein said, “We are slowed down sound and light waves, a walking bundle of frequencies tuned into the cosmos. We are souls dressed up in sacred biochemical garments and our bodies are the instruments through which our souls play their music.” And, our bodies are the forms through which we, figuratively and literally, dance to the music we hear. In this way, through the diverse energies we are tuned into at any moment, we attract dance partners to interact with us so that we can evolve, expand and grow spiritually while living in this finite, but magically vibrational, physical environment.

The bundle of frequencies we emit in here and now, through our thoughts and through our prayers, attract onto the dance floor of our individual life those people that, along with events, situations and conditions, are a vibrational match to our own. Abraham-Hicks calls them “cooperative components.” They become our dance partners in this Earth life. We may move and groove with someone for a single song, a whole night, or a whole lifetime. Michael Jackson once said, “Dancers come and go in the twinkling of an eye, but the dance lives on.”

This Earth life with its ups and downs, with its this way and that way, with its temporariness where dancers come and go in the twinkling of an eye, is where you and I have intentionally come so that we can join the Earth dance. This is our chance to dance together visibly, to choose our partners and go round and round in happy evolving Earth experiences. But sometimes we may meet someone who is traveling to the beat of a different drum, and for a while we may go round and round in a not-so-happy Earth experience. Either way, all of our interactions offer us evolutionary opportunities for spiritual awareness and growth. The Scottish essayist and philosopher, Thomas Carlyle, wrote: “Every day that is born into the world comes like a burst of music and rings the whole day through, and you make of it a dance, a dirge, or a life march, as you will.”

Life is a continuous moving Flow of Pure Positive Energy that is hard to resist, but that doesn’t seem to stop us from struggling to resist it, anyway, by feeling so unworthy, awkward and embarrassed about who we are that we become a wallflower in this time-space dance party that we’ve come to join and enjoy. It’s our concern about stepping on other people’s toes that holds us back mentally, emotionally and physically from getting out on the dance floor of life. Such worry keeps us focused on the other dancers, timid and fearful about our moves because we’re trying to stay out of their way and not inadvertently step on their toes. We may watch our every move, or not move at all, so that we don’t move in a way that upsets others. When we don’t move freely as who we are, we can’t dance in sync with the life we want because, as we focus on trying to please others, we’re ignoring music of own soul.

Our belief that it’s not okay to freely be our self causes us to be out-of-step with who we truly are, and holds us back from joining the dance party on Earth where we’re offered as much room to dance as the galaxies, and as much room on the dance floor as we’re willing to ask for. It is only as we freely live our unique self-expression, and move in this world from the holy movement we feel inside of us, that we can evolve, and discover through our authenticity more and more of the One we’re created to be.

We need to find something in life that excites us, something that inspires and moves us, and dance with that as often as we can. And, if nothing comes to mind right away that excites, inspires or moves us, then we can decide to be excited, inspired and moved by everything we do. When we get out on the dance floor of life, and do those things that feel good to do, we attune our mind, emotions and body to the frequencies of the Cosmos. However when we do, it’s likely we’ll inadvertently step on someone’s toes, and get our toes stepped on, too. But a chance to dance in physical form to the music of our soul, in concert with the Universe as a whole, isn’t a gift to pass up!

 

Get It Through Your Head

Image by Tumisu from Pixabay

In The Science of Mind we read, “The Life within you is Complete and Perfect, and has no cares nor burdens. It is free from restrictions, unlimited and unconditioned. It is Free Spirit and cannot be bound. Rejoice in that Freedom.” If we choose to, we can rejoice in our spiritual freedom even while we are in this human environment we are sharing together. We can not only be free of thoughts that don’t bring about happy feelings, but free of restrictive thoughts about life that limit our experience of fully living with a consistent sense of well being while we’re here. We are free to escape the tight borders of the human mind that keep us locked in our head, filled with ideas and concepts about life but not living Life as we’re created live It, and not experiencing Life the way we are created to experience It.

In The Way of the Heart we read, “I cannot find a concept, a word, an idea, a philosophy, or a dogma that can contain the mystery that is closer to you than your own breath and awaits your discovery.” We’ve all likely experienced the “paralysis of analysis.” Some of us may even be addicted to the need to figure things out. Fortunately, some things we want to figure out are figure-out-able, like how a mechanical or technical thing works. Some things, like brainteasers and crossword puzzles, even give the answers in the back of the book. Some whodunits are meant to be solved, like those in a mystery movie or book. There is something satisfying in the end result when we figure something out, or solve a puzzle or mystery.

But even if we don’t, even if we can’t figure out why something mechanical works way it does, like our car, it doesn’t stop us from driving it. Even if we don’t have clue why a computer works the way it does, that doesn’t stop us from using it. And even if don’t figure out a brainteaser or complete a crossword puzzle, even if we don’t figure out whodunit in a movie or book, we still enjoy our efforts. It is only when we attempt to solve the Unsolvable, the Mystery of Being, the Whodunit of the Cosmos, that our efforts can be more frustrating than enjoyable. When we try to figure out the vastness of the One Consciousness, which is deeper than deep and wider than wide, trying to reach a conclusion is futile. When we attempt to find the origin of that which has no beginning, and when we try to put conclusive boundaries around the endless, unbounded Flow of Life in which we live, we run into a problem.

“You can’t get It through your head” is something I often say when I find myself ruminating rather than meditating, thinking rather than giving my mind a rest. Meditation is a silencing of the mind, an opening within to the Allness of God that is beyond thought, which brings peace and freedom. When we focus on, think about, or try to figure out this Thing called Life so that we can wrap it up in a neat little concept to live with, it leads to frustration and confusion. The Unlimited Life in which we live, the Unlimited Life that lives in us, can’t be wrapped up, bound or explained in human terms. God, Spirit, Consciousness, Pure Positive Energy that lives in us as us is beyond words. Who we truly are in our essence is beyond every concept, word, idea, philosophy, or dogma there is. We are beyond figuring out. The mystical poet, Rumi, wrote, “No more words. Hear only the voice within. Remember the first thing He said was, We are beyond words.”

When we are experiencing a physical challenge, often we try to analyze what is going on. We may try to figure out what in our thinking has created the experience we’re having. But, so often it is only as we surrender to the Sacred Space within us that is beyond thought and let the mental chatter go, that the “good and very good” of the One Holy Consciousness that flows everywhere can flow through us. Abraham-Hicks tells us, “Let your dominant intent be to feel good, and if you don’t feel good then let your dominant intent be to feel relief. Feel your way through it. If you think your way through it, you can get off on all kinds of tangents.” Our human mind is full of tangents, detours of thought that lead to nowhere but the world of appearances—to already thought thoughts and to the beliefs we cling to that make us unable hear anything new.

The Science of Mind isn’t a science of the human mind (that’s psychology). The Science of Mind is designed to lead us within, as every spiritual teaching is intended to do. It points the way to experiencing the Mind of God, the Consciousness of the Universe that is always a clear, open Space of new and endless possibilities. We experience changing streams of consciousness within the One Boundless, Limitless, Changeless Consciousness that is All that is. The Spiritual Master, Mooji, wrote “Trying to understand Consciousness with the mind is like trying to light up the sun with a candle.”

We don’t need to use a candle when the sun is shining. It sheds light on us, and everything around us, and we naturally see more clearly wherever we are. The sun is just there, shining as it does on the “just and unjust,” whether we’re thinking about the sun or not. However, if we began to worry if we are worthy of the sun’s rays, we might stay indoors and light a candle! If we thought we had to figure out what the sun is, and why it is, we might not go outside until we figured it out. Fortunately, for most of us, even though we don’t really know what the sun is or how it got there in the first place, we accept that the sun just is, and that it shines on us whether we’re good or bad, happy or sad.

Life is just like that. Life just is. We don’t have to try to figure out how to make our heart beat or how to breathe. It comes naturally to us. Life beats our heart. It is the Energy behind and within every breath we take. Our heart might beat faster when we’re angry than when we calm. We might breathe more quickly when we’re anxious or frightened than when we’re peaceful. But Life continues to express through us, anyway, without judging the way we’re expressing It.

We can think about life in our head. We can think about love in our head. But we can’t know what Life and Love are until we experience them and express them with an open heart. Life isn’t a spectator sport. Life is for living and participating as fully as we can. Life is beyond any conclusions we’ve come to about Life, and we are all beyond any concept or idea we have come to about our self. God Is the Great Mystery, the Pure Positive Energy that eternally creates worlds and fills all of existence with Life and Love. It fills us, too, and though we don’t know how It does, or why It does, we can be grateful every moment that It does.

Even though we’ll never solve the Mystery of It All, every moment we’re given unlimited opportunities to discover more what It Is in us. And, we’ll make discovery after discovery if we don’t let our head get in the way. The only way we can live this Earth life in health, happiness, peace, and freedom is to live with a mind free of conflict and confusion, and a heart wide open to the Sacredness of All that Is. Sri Chinmoy wrote, “The screams in my mind tell me that everything on Earth is tragic (Or complicated…) The smile of my heart tells me that everything on Earth is magic (And it’s easy…).” We can’t get It through our head, but thank God we already have It in our heart.

The Ego Has Landed

Image by John Hain from Pixabay

We read in The Science of Mind, “Live, love and laugh! Let the heart be glad and free, rejoice in the thought of life and be happy.” As spiritual Beings it is our Divine Right to be happy. But because we are spiritual Beings, and absolutely free to choose how we will experience this physical environment, we are free to choose not to be happy. We live in a world that appears to have power to limit our love and laughter, to cause our heart to be sad, and to keep us from feeling inspired by the thought of life. It’s up to us to choose differently. The gift of this Earth life is that through its contrasts we can discover that we are the Power that either limits or allows our self to feel alive, to freely express love, and to laugh wholeheartedly. Abraham-Hicks tells us, “The only freedom that exists in all the universe and it is everything is in the knowledge that we create our own reality and that we can feel the way we choose to feel.”

We would all agree that this human environment appears to us as shadow and light, as pairs of opposites, as duality, and as a whole lot of diversity in individual self-expression. And, even though we may think we want sameness, homogeneity and uniformity, and that we’d rather everyone think, speak and act as we do, we are living in the very conditions we were all looking for when we decided to be born into a physical body that appears to be separate from everything else. We knew that without the appearance of duality and diversity, we would not have an opportunity to exercise our power and freedom to choose, and to grow spiritually through our choices.

We read in The Way of Transformation, “As you create a temporary perceived limitation as a way to call to you a certain quality of experience, there is a tendency to fall into the trap of identifying yourself with the constraints that you have set up from your unlimited freedom in order to have a temporary learning experience.” Earth life is a temporary experience designed by us to learn within. It may appear we gave up our freedom as spiritual Beings to become temporary human beings, but we remain spiritual Beings behind our appearance as separate humans—One with Spirit and One with each other.

If that weren’t so, if Spirit were not backing us up, we would not appear at all because nothing in the physical world can appear without the spiritual Power that allows it to appear. We aren’t now, and could never be, separate from the God of our Creation, not here and not anywhere else, because there is nothing but God in every direction including our direction. In the Book of Psalms we read, “If I ascend into heaven, thou art there; if I descend into Hell, behold, thou art there also.” Heaven and Hell are states of conscious awareness within the One Consciousness of Life. Heaven and Hell are temporary experiences of the mind created by the choices we make. We ascend into Heaven or descend into Hell with every thought we choose to believe is true, and with every decision we make based on what we believe.

That is why the Power of Choice is not a freedom to be taken lightly. If we’re not paying attention, and consciously aware that we remain Spiritual in this world we made together for purpose of spiritual growth, it’s easy for us to get trapped in the limitations of the three-dimensional world and forget there so much more to us than our physical body, and so much more to life than what we perceive with our physical eyes. However, we may look at our individual life today and wonder what we were thinking when we were choosing! As the saying goes, “Be careful what you ask for,” and be clear when you ask that you deserve what you truly want because what you will receive will perfectly match your thoughts of either constraint or freedom.

There are a lot of ideas about what the ego is, and whether we should smash it and get rid it or embrace it and love it as part of our creation. Abraham-Hicks tells us, “Your ego is your physical focuser. If you did not have this egotistical ability to focus, you would not be of any advantage to the Non-physical Energy of the Universe and your Inner Being. It’s not having the ego that is the problem, it’s using it to talk about what you don’t want.” The ego is part of the plan. It can see duality. It can perceive limitation. We’ve created it from our unlimited freedom to help us decide what we want. When we choose, our Inner Being grows and expands by attracting whatever it is to us and becoming the very presence of it within us.

Many of us grew up believing that to feel confident and proud of our self was egotistical and a bad thing, that to believe we can do anything we choose to do is to be being “full of our self” and not modest or humble enough. But being full of our Self is a beautiful thing to be full of because who we are now, and who we’ve always been, is the living expression of Christ, the very Self of God that is beyond judgement, the very thought of Love in form. In The Way of Transformation we read, “You are in the holiest of temples, your Self. Nothing limits you at all, or at any time. The power of the freedom of choice is the essence of Christ.” That is why Freedom of Choice is so powerful. Every time we choose, whatever choose, and every time we decide to think a thought, whatever thought we think, we are using the essence of Christ in us.

It is only as we forget who we are, and believe we are separate from the Divine Life Force that created us and loves us still, that we experience an ego born of the belief in separation. Every choice we make as a separate self is based on the belief that we are alone and on our own in a world governed by the tenet “every man for himself.” So we struggle and strive to survive. The spiritual Master, Mooji, wrote, “If the feeling ‘I’ is identified with the body and person, then it will be the person’s responsibility to look after their own life. But if the ‘I’ is identified as Consciousness, then it will be Consciousness and the Universe that look after the body.” If we believe the ego is all there is to us when we think and say, ”I Am,” then rather than focusing our mind on what we want with the awareness that the Universe always responds with a “Yes” and will conspire to bring whatever we want to us, instead we’ll use the ego (our focuser) to focus on the world, and ignore the Invisible Universe in which we live as talk about what we don’t want that we have and what we want that we can’t get.

The ego is full of paranoia because it sees a world outside of itself that it believes has power to keep the wanted away, a world that doesn’t have its best interests in mind. The ego is constantly determining what’s safe and what’s not, who’s safe and who’s not, who’s right and who’s not, and what’ s missing from our life and the world around us. The ego is on our side, personally, no matter what. It wants what we want but thinks the world outside of it is the source. It is self-protective. It wants to keep us from getting our feelings hurt and looking foolish, so it will lie (even to us) about what we truly want in order to protect us from disappointment and other people’s opinions of us.

Anytime we are defensive, the ego has landed. Anytime we react to an assumed insult, whether we pout or shout, the ego has landed. Anytime we insist that others agree with us or need to change for us, the ego has landed. Anytime we struggle to get what we want from the world, and feel disappointment or resignation when what we want doesn’t show up when we think it should, the ego has landed. Anytime we think we’re too busy in this world getting what we need, and we don’t think that we have time for spiritual exploration within us, the ego has landed. The ego is so full of spiritual self-denial and self-doubt that it can’t see beyond its own fears. It misses the beauty around it because it is pinched off from the beauty within it. It protects our heart by causing us to be afraid to love, and so we don’t feel love within us to give freely or to return to others who love us. When we’re not feeling Love, when our heart doesn’t feel glad and free, when we don’t rejoice in the thought of life and feel happy, we can be sure the ego has landed.

So do we squash the ego or embrace it with love as our creation? In The Way of Transformation we read, “I once said that if you are not wholly joyous, it could only be because you have elected to use the power of your mind to think differently than your Creator.” Our Creator is Love. Love and judgment are opposites that appear in this world so that we can choose Love over and over again until we think like our Creator. Every moment we have the Power to choose who we are, and that choice determines how we feel about our self, and what we see in others and the world around us. There is only one remedy for judgement and that is Love, the one opposite in this world that resolves all opposites.

We read in The Way of Transformation, “The attempt to embrace creation while judgment is still in the mind is like reaching for carrot at the end of the stick and not being able to reach it.” It is only when we let go of judgment and choose Love and feel our Oneness with God that we are able to embrace all of creation. In that holy awareness the ego dissolves into the Light of the One Love. In the Book of Matthew we read, “If your eye is single your whole body will be filled with light.” Then the ego becomes to us what it was always intended to be, i.e., a persona that can see duality, a focuser that makes it possible for us to use our Power of Choice to focus on the holy, good, and beautiful. When we do, we feel so full of our Self, the Christ in us, that we know for sure that we can do anything we choose to do. We will Love without judgment, aware that all things, including us, exist for Glory of God.

From the Shanti Christo Study Group Papers we read: “Delight in the blessings of time and see not a single moment as that which would imprison you. For there is nothing outside of you, while within you is the absolute freedom of choice given wholly and never earned in which you can look upon the things of time, each event that time seems to require of you, and you can bring the blessing of Christ to it. You can choose to radiate instead of contract. You can choose unlimitedness instead of limitation. You can choose Love instead of fear. That is the great gift of time.”